From the article: Biography: Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela
An inspiration to many, Mandela is a man of many achievements -- from the creation of Umkhonto we Sizwe (Spear of the Nation, MK) to winning the Nobel Peace Prize. What do you think is his defining achievement? What was it about his personality that helped him achieve what he did? What can we all learn form the life of Nelson Mandela? Share Your Thoughts
Thank You Mandela
- Without Nelson Mandela things would not have been the same as today. But because today we have a hero that saved the world for democracy. I want to say thank you very much. We will always love Mandela and he is like a father to us and the world. We are saying "Get well soon, and may God bless Mandela. Be strong again". Halala we love Madiba.
- —Guest anna
Guarding our Security
- I am very happy with Nelson Mandela because he was a determined politician. His career motivated me to be a prophet of justice, and I am encouraging both elders and young ones to be determined to defend their territories.
- —Guest buke micheal
- Tata Nelson Mandela, his background reminds me of the born of Jesus up to the end. He is brave and he is a great thinker I wish I could be the same.
- —Guest Henry Promise
- He showed love for the people, the country, and fought for their freedom. Clearly it wasn't convenient, but it was a task he took on happily no matter the pain he suffered.
- —Guest Ene
- We can not think of a free Africa without Mandela, next to God!
- —Guest Mathewos facha
- I love this man. He really is a good leader to Africa and USA because he inspired many many young people.
- —Guest Miyah
Madiba Is A Father To Us All
- Mr Mandela is a father to us because he served most of his life in jail to protect all blacks.
Changing the World's Mind
- A mind is the hardest thing to change. Mandela changed the minds of millions. Not only in Africa, but in the world. Most arguably one of the top five greatest achievers the world has every known. Peace dear man.
The Great African Warrior
- Papa Mandela, you are a great African Warrior. Immense respect to this strong, determined, resilient, loyal, great man. You talked the talk, and walked the walk. You will forever be in my heart. X.
- —Guest Kimberley
He is a Gift from God
- We are truly blessed to have someone like him in our lives, we really love and appreciate him
- —Guest WINNIE RAGOLANE
He is Simply Amazing
- Madiba to me is a father, grandfather, comrade and a hero. He is a black bird who made freedom for other birds. He is a man who stood up and fought for what he believed. He has had a great impact on us and I will never forget the difference he made in my life. I am free like a bird today because of him. He made the impossible possible. Who are we not to follow in his footsteps and realize that the little we do does make a difference.
- —Guest Alettah Motlhabane
- Nelson Mandela is truly a remarkable human being, especially when one considers the fact that he stared death in the face and stayed true to what he believed in, and even after 27 years in jail still preached forgiveness. A greater legacy than that we as South Africans cannot ask for. He has given us the recipe needed to make this country great. If we just stay the course of the blueprint that was given to us by papa Madiba. And for this I am truly grateful as these are the values that I want to instill in my children. Once again thank you Madiba.
- —Guest Wayne
Never Gave Up
- He was put in prison for 27 years. When he was forbidden to speak in public or argue his case with writing, he regularly disguised himself as a different person -- a taxi-driver or a window-cleaner -- and tried to argue that way. He stayed disguised and hidden for over 2 years, fighting for his cause. He had many narrow escapes from the police, even once climbing down an unsteady rope from a high flat to get away. Throughout prison, he stood up to the prison guards -- getting the other prisoners to join in while he sang songs for freedom, secretly teaching the other prisoners about freedom and giving them wise words, even when he was covered in dust and exhausted from his hard work breaking large stone slabs with nothing but a small hammer.
- —Guest creamswirli
Hero to All
- He didnt want anything to stop his mission and goal. He is alive and well because of his loyalty.
- —Guest mavhunga khuba
Admire most about Mandela
- Our God sent Moses to come and deliver us from the slavery of apartheid. So as was in the bible, people still opted for slavery/apartheid. Internal fights are still carrying on.
- —Guest Andrew
1-15 of 60Next