I asked in the previous but one newsletter for what topics people would like covered in the new year. The responses have been quite clear -- with suggestions almost equal for biographies and articles on African Kingdoms. There are a few days left to make suggestions, if you have a strong desire to see something more...
Here is what was most popular in 2012.
The top three biographies in 2012 were
• Nelson Mandela
• Idi Amin
• Steve Biko
The top three articles on slavery in 2012 were
• Slave Laws in South Africa
• Images of African Slavery and the Slave Trade
• Types of Slavery in Africa
The top three articles on Apartheid in 2012 were
• Soweto Student Uprising -- 16 June 1976
• Sharpeville Massacre -- 21 March 1960
• When Did Apartheid Start in South Africa?
Colonialism and Independence
The top three articles on colonization and independence in 2012 were
• What Caused the Scramble for Africa?
• Countries in Africa Considered Never Colonized
• Independence Dates for Africa